Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I've been set free

Have you ever wondered about that day? You know...that day.

The one where the title of this blog happens...where God takes one look at you, sees His Son living inside you, covering you, and gives you a smile that fills you with love and fear and knocks you forward to your face, destroyed?

You know...the one where our faith will finally be sight? The one where I get to walk by the big sea on streets of pure gold with Jesus talking about how He moved in my life. Where I get to talk to my family and never be apart. The one where I get to meet the angel who I share a name with.

Oh that day. We have been set free from death, the crap of this world, and given peace amidst ridiculousness in this world. Can I ask for more? It is the best we can have. We just have to have patience and strength to face the world as it caves in.

Beware. I am making a Dragon Ball Z reference.

It is like Goku on that planet facing Frieza. The world was crumbling around him, but he had to remain steadfast and focused to build up that Spirit Bomb. Fortunately, he did. Unfortunately for him, after all that. He missed. That is Lame-o, Goku. Capital L.

And while I duck a misplaced kah maya maya (work on that aim, Goku), it occurs to me that what God is building in us won't miss the mark. Christ says that the work He has begun in us will be finished. And that His word does not come back empty.

How cool is that? Shall we remain focused then? Yes. If we can, through His power, we will be able to walk into that day and smile back...

No comments: